Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dreams That Unlock Reality

Dear Mom,

I had a dream the night before last. Something had happened to my home so the kids and I came to stay with you and dad. You had kicked me out of the house because I didn't see your point of view about something dumb and wouldn't let me see my children. We saw each other in the street and you acted like I didn't exist. Dad would let me in the house when you weren't around to let me see the kids and spend time with them. I was planning a birthday party for one of the children and you walked in. You were furious but before anything could be said, I woke up.

When I awoke I prayed to Allah for strength. The dream shook me so much that I cried without wanting to. The tears flowed on their own and no matter how I tried to stop them, they wouldn't. It was super emotional.

The reason behind the emotion is this dream was actually a reality. Everything that happened within the dream didn't occur in real life but the main parts did. The kicking me out because I didn't agree with what was going on. The not letting me see my children for some time. The seeing me and pretending I didn't exist.

I had stuffed all of this down in my mind never for it to see the light of day. It's one of the worst things that has ever happened to me and the effects of the situation managed to make their way into my world. It had the ability to completely ruin my yesterday but I wouldn't let it.

You know what I did? Even though I felt like my world had shattered all over again, I realized I couldn't allow this painful memory to effect me the way that it did when it happened. I can't afford to be completely depressed and unable to get out of bed especially in front of my children. I can't afford to question all the mistakes I'd ever made and torture myself as if I was worthless especially knowing that I'm worth so much more.

The one thing that gets me is the betrayal I felt from you. In knowing that we still are not at a level of understanding, I think this is what ultimately saddened me. This dream that was once reality needs to be talked about between us either willingly or forcibly with a professional. I want to talk about it but will you ever discuss it with me?

Until then,

Your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment