Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Symphony

Dear Mom,

I wrote a poem some time ago that I found the other day. It's not one of my greatest verses but it brings back so many memories of you at a younger time. It was a time when you were in your musical prime, teaching thousands of students the love of music.

Watching the way you loved the sounds of the different instruments in a symphony used to make me smile so big and proud. You are the reason that, to this day, when I am in need of relaxation classical music plays through my house.You instilled a love for music that is indescribable.

The poem I want to share with you was inspired at a time when I was listening to a symphony play on the Classical Music channel. The words kind of blurted themselves out onto paper and this is what came out of it:

as the Symphony plays
i think of my mother
she instilled music in me
desire like no other
she taught me the instruments
with their different sounds
she taught me from a little girl
classical is where the love was found
this masterpiece reminds me
of my mother’s youthful gaze
her love for music was evident
that memory I replay

I hope you enjoyed that. There are many other poems that you have inspired me to write, good or bad. What matters most, is not the content but the fact that I allow myself to relinquish harsh feelings and bask in better days.

Maybe one day you'll come see me perform one of these poems.

Until then,

Your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment